This section is an introduction to the Chatbot technology. It is not required to understand how to connect your services to the Chatbot API. If you want to know more about the internal structure of the chatbot, go to the chatbot editor documentation.
As stated in the introduction, Algoan revolves around a chatbot technology. This engine allows you to create automatic scripted conversations.
What is a chatbot conversation
Like a normal human conversation, one with the Algoan Chatbot is a sequence of messages exchanged between the user and the Chatbot.
You will have to design a conversation plan that the Algoan Chatbot will follow to lead the conversation with the user. This plan is called a chatflow.
It behaves in the following way:
- The bot sends a message;
- The user reads the message;
- The user responds within a defined range of responses;
- The bot processes the user's response;
- The bot updates the user context with the data of the user's latest response;
- Repeat with the new context.